Competition Terms & Conditions
Competition Terms and Conditions - with supplementary rules/T&Cs
1. These general competition terms and conditions (the "Terms") apply to any promotion, prize draw or competition (a "Competition") operated by Baldwin Jewellery including competitions advertised via the Baldwin Jewellery website or through any other medium including on any social media websites such as Facebook or Twitter.
2. These Terms, along with any Supplementary Rules (as defined in section 2 below) shall be legally binding on you when you enter and/or participate in any Competitions.
3. By submitting an entry to any Competition you are agreeing to these Terms and any Supplementary Rules and you warrant that you have legal capacity to enter into and agree to be bound by these Terms and any Supplementary Rules.
4. All Competitions will be supplemented by some additional terms and rules that apply to that specific Competition, which we will also make available on our website or any third party websites that are used to advertise a Competition from time to time such as Facebook or Twitter (the "Supplementary Rules").
5. The Supplementary Rules are hereby incorporated into and form a part of these Terms.
6. The Supplementary Rules shall set out:
a. the opening and closing date for that Competition;
b. details of all prizes for that Competition including whether any additional third party terms apply to those prizes or not;
c. details of how to enter;
d. details of how the winner will be selected including any relevant judging criteria;
e. any specific eligibility criteria that applies to that Competition;
f. if multiple entries are permitted, and
g. any other additional terms that apply to that Competition.
7. In the event that there is any conflict between these Terms and the Supplementary Rules then the Supplementary Rules will prevail.
8. Unless otherwise specified in the Supplementary Rules, all Competitions are open to residents of the United Kingdom and entrants must be either resident in the UK and be aged 18 or over.
9. Competitions are not open to any employees of Baldwin Jewellery or any third parties who are connected to the Competition or, in each case, any members of their immediate families (including their spouse, parents grandparents, children, brothers, sisters, uncles, aunts and cousins).
10. Any winners of a prize in any Competition with a value of more than £100 (as determined by Baldwin Jewellery in its reasonable discretion) are not eligible to enter any further Competitions for a period of 28 days from the date such prize was awarded to them.
11. Baldwin Jewellery reserves the right to require proof that an entrant meets the eligibility requirements for any Competition. Failure to provide proof of the eligibility requirements may result in disqualification from a Competition and the forfeit of any prizes awarded.
12. If any specific Competition only permits one entry per person you agree that you will not submit multiple entries.
13. Any other specific eligibility requirements that apply to a particular Competition will be set out in the Supplementary Rules.
How to enter
14. All Competitions are free to enter, with no purchase or payment required to enter or win. Details of how to enter a particular Competition will be set out in the Supplementary Rules.
15. Entries must be correctly submitted by the closing date of the Competition. Baldwin Jewellery accepts no responsibility for any entries or information that is incomplete, incorrectly submitted or fail to reach us by the closing date for any reason.
16. Details of prizes for specific Competitions will be announced via social media and/or set out in any Supplementary Rules that apply to a particular Competition.
17. Prizes may be provided by our third party partners. Baldwin Jewellery cannot be held responsible and to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law accepts no liability for any prizes that are defective in any way or do not meet your expectations or requirements.
18. Where prizes are awarded by third parties you acknowledge and agree that additional third party terms and conditions may apply in respect of such prizes. We will stipulate in the Supplementary Rules whether any third party terms and conditions apply to any prizes for that Competition. You acknowledge that prizes are awarded subject to your acceptance of any such third party terms and conditions and Baldwin Jewellery reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant should you refuse to accept them.
19. All prizes are subject to availability. Baldwin Jewellery reserves the right to replace any prize with an alternative of equal value at any time in its absolute discretion.
20. Any failure on the part of the winner to meet the eligibility requirements set out in these Terms or the Supplementary Rules may result in the winner forfeiting their entitlement to a prize and you hereby acknowledge that in such circumstances, Baldwin Jewellery shall be entitled to offer the prize to another entrant.
How winners are selected
21. The exact method for selecting winners of our Competitions may vary depending on the nature of the Competition. Unless we have stipulated a different mechanism for selecting the winner in the Supplementary Rules the winner shall be selected by a random generator that will be screen recorded for proof of result.
22. Any decision by Baldwin Jewellery in relation to how the winner to any Competition is selected shall be final.
Notification of winners
23. Competition winners will be notified by private message through social media unless specified otherwise in the supplementary rules.
24. If Baldwin Jewellery cannot contact the winner or the winner does not complete any steps that may be required by Baldwin Jewellery to accept the prize within a reasonable period of time, Baldwin Jewellery reserves the right to offer the prize to another entrant.
25. The names of any Competition winners and the approximate area that such winners are resident may be announced or published on the Baldwin Jewellery website or any other website or social media pages where a Competition has been advertised. By submitting an entry to any Competition you agree to the publication or broadcast of your name and where you are resident in this way.
26. Baldwin Jewellery makes no representation or warranties of any kind regarding the nature or quality of any prizes which are provided. All prizes are provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis and any conditions, warranties or other terms implied by statute or common law are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
27. Baldwin Jewellery accepts no responsibility or liability for any damage, loss or injury suffered by any entrant as a result of entering any Competition or accepting any prize which shall be entirely at your own risk, provided that nothing in these Terms shall exclude Baldwin Jewellery ’s liability for:
a. death or personal injury caused by negligence;
b. fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
c. any other liability that cannot be excluded by law.
28. If you breach these Terms or any Supplementary Rules, or if Baldwin Jewellery considers in its reasonable discretion that you have acted in a way that may bring Baldwin Jewellery into disrepute or is otherwise inappropriate, Baldwin Jewellery may disqualify you from any Competition and you will be ineligible to win any prizes awarded in connection with such Competition.
29. Baldwin Jewellery may in its absolute discretion cancel or amend any aspect of any Competition without prior notice if it considers it necessary to do so, although Baldwin Jewellery will use reasonable endeavours to avoid changing any Competition that has already started in a way that disadvantages any entrants who have already submitted their entries.
30. Baldwin Jewellery may change these Terms at any time without notice to you.
31. These Terms do not create or infer any rights that are enforceable by any person who is not party to them.
32. If Baldwin Jewellery decides not to exercise or enforce any right that it has against you at a particular time, then this does not prevent Baldwin Jewellery from later deciding to exercise or enforce that right.
33. If any part of the Terms is found to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by a court or regulator, then, where required, that part shall be deleted from the Terms and the remaining parts of the Terms will continue to be enforceable.
34. These Terms, including their subject matter and formation, are governed by English law. You agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms, save that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland or Scotland you may also bring proceedings in the jurisdiction in which you are resident.
Terms and conditions - Supplementary Rules
The Baldwin Jewellery web shop competition is open to all UK residents and entrants must be either resident in the UK and be aged 18 or over. It is not open to people outside the UK. By registering and entering the Baldwin Jewellery web shop competition (the Competition) you hereby accept the rules and conditions outlined below.
Anyone over 18 years of age can enter the competition with the exception of employees of the Baldwin Jewellery, their associated companies and employees of any company chosen to sponsor prizes for the competition. Judges are not permitted to enter into the competition.
By entering the Competition, you agree and acknowledge that the Baldwin Jewellery is permitted to receive your registration data.
Baldwin Jewellery may publish any material you submit, post, upload, email or otherwise transmit to it or to the website at its sole discretion and it shall be entitled to make additions or deletions to any such material prior to publication.
Multiple entries will not be accepted. There is a limit of one entry per person.
Entry must be submitted online through the appropriate competition post on the Baldwin Jewellery Instagram or Facebook.
Winners' names will be published online. You can choose to have your name and location anonymised to First name Town.
You agree to participate in related publicity and to the use of your name for the purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity in connection with the competition without additional compensation.
The winner will be chosen at random from the eligible entries. The winner will receive a shop voucher for the value of £250 to spend in person or online. There is no cash alternative.
An item of higher value can be chosen, with the winner paying the remaining balance after the £250 prize value. If a prize of a lesser value than £250 is chosen, there will be no cash or gift certificate to make up the difference to the full prize value of £250.
The competition opens at 5:30pm on Thursday 15th July 2021 and closes at 17:30 on Thursday 29th July 2021. The competition end date will also be clearly shown on social media advertising Winners will be notified within 5 days of the end of the promotion, and once notified, you will have 24 hours to claim the prize.
The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest.
The sponsor of this promotion is Baldwin Jewellery.